Monday, September 14, 2009

thoughts become things

The first thing a travel agent asks you when you call is where do you want to go. In our life we have the same question being posed to us....where do we/ you want to go. I am where I am today because of the options I chose yesterday. At my level of awarness it seemed like the best option. However as things unraveled it may not have been the best option. Stephen Covey the authopr of the 7 Habits refers to begining with the end in mind. Before we even start on our goals we need to clearly have a visual image of where we are going and who we are becoming. This is important to ask because we need to continually be looking at the picture and see if we are closing the gap. We may be travelling miles and miles but unless it is on target towards where we want to go then it is of no value. I need to self check my thoughts and ask if they are leading me closer to my destination. Thoughts that we hold and feed in our mind do truely become things. Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment