Saturday, August 14, 2010

THINK AND GROW RICH-NAPOLEON HILL

Every 3 months I read the Classic Book-Think and Grow Rich.
What amazes me is that no matter how many times I read and reread the book I glean ideas and tips that help me move further ahead. Each time I read it is like I have opened it for the first time. The book has writings in the margin and dates as I glean ideas and thoughts of where I am when I read it at that time.
It shows you that no matter how well we know something that we always have things to learn.
Its exciting to learn and glean new insights as I reread. This lastest read has highlighted the importance of action. Nothing happens unless we act on the hunches and insights we get. We can cultivate the imagination and build our desire till we are burning hot with desire:

The method by which the desire for riches can be transmuted into actual riches consists of six steps:

1.Fix in your mind the exact amount of money you desire. It is insufficient merely to say, “I want plenty of money”.

2.Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the money you desire. “Something for nothing” is a misconception.

3.Establish a definite date when you intend to possess the money.

4.Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action.

5.Write out a clear, concise statement of the amount of money you intend to acquire, name the time limit for its acquisition, state what you intend to give in return for the money, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to accumulate it.

6.Read your written statement aloud, twice daily, once just before retiring at night and once after arising in the morning. You must believe that you are already in possession of that money.

If you have got an idea and or a hunch to do something....act on it and you will find that you can think and grow rich....


2 comments:

  1. Stirling,
    Thanks for post about my Favorite Book. It started my Journey in 1960 and has been the Road map to a comfortable Lifestyle..
    We offer a complete Audio Version for FREE on our Blog.
    Great to upload to a mp3 player and have Hill around all the time
    http://think2growrich.info

    Enjoy and Share

    ReplyDelete
  2. I discovered this is an instructive and intriguing post so i suspect as much it is extremely valuable and learned.
    Napoleon Hill books

    ReplyDelete