Sunday, August 29, 2010

loved ones

Recently, the news of Lucas the young boy who unfortunately drowned while in his grandparents care

has been a topic of discussion throughout the country. As I have been reflecting on what his family is

experiencing, I have been thinking of how I treat my loved ones. Am I truly making the most of the time

I have with them? or, am I too busy filling my day and weeks with ‘must do’s’, or am I making time to

enjoy those people who are special to me?

We never know how long we have with these significant people in our lives. Therefore, this month take

some time to think about the important people in your lives and what you can do to show you care, no

matter how big or small.

To realise the value of ONE YEAR, ask a student who failed a grade.

To realise the value of ONE MONTH, ask a mother who gave birth to a premature baby.

To realise the value of ONE WEEK, ask the editor of a weekly newspaper.

To realise the value of ONE HOUR, ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.

To realise the value of ONE MINUTE, ask a person who missed the bus.

To realise the value of ONE SECOND, ask a person who just avoided an accident.

To realise the value of ONE MILLISECOND, ask the person who won a silver medal in the Olympics.

Treasure every moment that you have! And treasure it more because you shared it with someone special

in your life.

Remember, time waits for no-one.

Yesterday is history.

Tomorrow is a mystery.

Today is a gift. That's why it is called ‘the present’.

Fraser Stirling (fraser.stirling@gmail.com Life Coach)

No comments:

Post a Comment