Wednesday, September 7, 2011

MAKING LIFE SIMPLE


Everyone at some stage wants more from life.  At some point we ask ourselves what is my purpose?We are here to do the work, make the changes and take the steps needed to live life on purpose. 
The stories about the power of positive thinking encourage people to be a little complacent and in some cases, lazy.  People think that because they are reading, studying that they are taking action.  Guess what positive thinking is without action? It’s nothing. Your thoughts can only manifest themselves into reality if you take action.

The Lottery Story

A young woman finds herself in dire trouble. Her business has gone bust and she’s in serious financial trouble. She’s so desperate that she decides to ask God for help. She begins to pray…”God, please help me. I’ve lost my business and if I don’t get some money, I’m going to lose my house as well. Please let me win the lottery.”
Lottery night comes and somebody else wins it. The woman again prays …”God, please let me win the lotto! I’ve lost my business, my house and I’m going to lose my car as well.” Lottery night comes and she still has no luck. Once again, she prays…”My God, why have you forsaken me? I’ve lost my business, my house, and my car. My children are starving. I don’t often ask you for help and I have always been a good servant to you. PLEASE just let me win the lotto this one time so I can get my life back in order.”
Suddenly there is a blinding flash of light as the heavens open and the woman is confronted by the voice of God Himself: “Please, meet Me halfway on this. Buy a ticket.”
This story has been told several different ways, but it is a perfect example of what wishing will get you. I do believe in the power of prayer and asking for help, from God, a neighbor, a blogger or whomever is the right person to call on depending on the situation, but you have to meet halfway and do your part.
What are you waiting for? Please don’t complicate things. Don’t think a good idea to death. Make a move, take a leap, run with it, or whatever else you have to do to make all of your wishful thinking and positive thoughts meaningful in your life.
Decide how you want to live your life and just get started.
Simple really.
www.fraserstirling.co.nz 

No comments:

Post a Comment