Sunday, November 28, 2010

Being Real

Recently I was challenged by some people close to me that they saw me in a different way than I did. I initially took this as a bad thing. I went way reflecting on the comments. I was asking myself things like, am I trying to be someone else other than myself. Am I trying to be someone that I am not really. Who am I? I SPENT a whole week asking myself these questions. The answer that I cam back with is that yes I am being me. I am not trying to be someone and or something that I am not.
Then that rose the question, why am i different things to different people. I am not the same in all situations. Was I being honest to myself and or the people I associate with? The answer is....sometimes.
The reflecting led to am I being genuinely authentic all the time. I know it is easy to be authentic on the big things...but what about the small day to day things. When I am walking on the beach and want to sing aloud? Am I holding it in and thinking, arrgghh people will think I am silly or am I bold enough to say nope that is what I want and sing on the beach no matter what?
For me as I continue to reflect on this question I believe I may have spent too long holding my thoughts in and not sharing them with the universe and those around me. It is time to stand up and be counted.
This is my day. This is my gift. This is my chance to shine. I am seizing the day. I encourage you to be real and make the day the way you would like it to be.

Till next time...be real

Fraser


No comments:

Post a Comment